Yesterday was a marathon day, that's for sure.
We did a TON of stuff.
Kyle and I left Provo at about 10:30, and drove up to Sandy. We met up with Alan and Jess, and Nathan, Melanie, Whitney and Liam to celebrate Liam's 3rd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's.
I love Chuck E. Cheese's.


(forgive me as a good off on a small rant about "where a kid can be a kid")
I worked at Chuck E Cheese's for 1 1/2 years (although it seems like much longer) during high school. I started at the end of January my junior year, and quit right before I moved down to Provo to start BYU.
By the time I left, I was a team leader, I knew how to do virtually everything, I had cleaned up numerous bodily, er, messes, I had hosted many a birthday party, could announce a birthday and do the birthday dance in my sleep, I could tell you exactly what you could get for x amount of tickets at merch. I knew the prices backwards and forward, I could wash dishes so fast, I could bus tables like there was no tomorrow, I could fix games in a jiffy, I could make and cut pizzas, I could keep the salad bar fresh and looking great, I could make some awesome cotton candy, I was an expert bathroom cleaner, I could count money, I knew the regulars, I had seen at least a 20 minute wait to get a table at CEC, and ..... the list goes on.
My co-workers were awesome, I made such good friends with most of them, and I still keep in contact with most. Management was great, and were great at scheduling. The latest I (usually) worked was 10 pm on weekdays, and 11 pm on weekends. They weren't open Sunday's.
Again, let me say, I love Chuck E Cheese's.
Ok, rant over. So, even though it was a different CEC than the one I worked at, it still brought back some great memories, and I had a ton of fun.
After we left CEC, Kyle and I went to IKEA and picked out some picture frames for our reception. We also got a couple of pillows for 99 cents, each! Oh, IKEA, how I love you.
Then, it was off to Bed, Bath and Beyond to register.
Oh my.
Even though BB&B make it super easy and as painless as possible to register, it is still so frustrating, and LONG. Our registry helper (what do they call them??) was named Janet. Janet was great, and so helpful, and friendly. And she even gave us water bottles. She gave us some great pointers.
(Plus, I got to see my great friend, Heidi, who works there.)
The actual registering was... well, at first, not so great. Kyle and I don't even have opinions that differ by a lot, and we were still getting frustrated. We ended with cooking/kitchenware though, and because of that, we actually were in better moods, because we love kitchen stuff, and so we had a lot of fun registering for the things that we know we will use and really want. We also really love our dinnerware that we registered for!
We wish that registering for stuff meant that we automatically get it all! hahah.
(Side note, Alan and Jess were registering at the same time as us! Fun!)
Kyle and I left Provo at about 10:30, and drove up to Sandy. We met up with Alan and Jess, and Nathan, Melanie, Whitney and Liam to celebrate Liam's 3rd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's.
I love Chuck E. Cheese's.
(forgive me as a good off on a small rant about "where a kid can be a kid")
I worked at Chuck E Cheese's for 1 1/2 years (although it seems like much longer) during high school. I started at the end of January my junior year, and quit right before I moved down to Provo to start BYU.
By the time I left, I was a team leader, I knew how to do virtually everything, I had cleaned up numerous bodily, er, messes, I had hosted many a birthday party, could announce a birthday and do the birthday dance in my sleep, I could tell you exactly what you could get for x amount of tickets at merch. I knew the prices backwards and forward, I could wash dishes so fast, I could bus tables like there was no tomorrow, I could fix games in a jiffy, I could make and cut pizzas, I could keep the salad bar fresh and looking great, I could make some awesome cotton candy, I was an expert bathroom cleaner, I could count money, I knew the regulars, I had seen at least a 20 minute wait to get a table at CEC, and ..... the list goes on.
My co-workers were awesome, I made such good friends with most of them, and I still keep in contact with most. Management was great, and were great at scheduling. The latest I (usually) worked was 10 pm on weekdays, and 11 pm on weekends. They weren't open Sunday's.
Again, let me say, I love Chuck E Cheese's.
Ok, rant over. So, even though it was a different CEC than the one I worked at, it still brought back some great memories, and I had a ton of fun.
After we left CEC, Kyle and I went to IKEA and picked out some picture frames for our reception. We also got a couple of pillows for 99 cents, each! Oh, IKEA, how I love you.
Then, it was off to Bed, Bath and Beyond to register.
Oh my.
Even though BB&B make it super easy and as painless as possible to register, it is still so frustrating, and LONG. Our registry helper (what do they call them??) was named Janet. Janet was great, and so helpful, and friendly. And she even gave us water bottles. She gave us some great pointers.
(Plus, I got to see my great friend, Heidi, who works there.)
The actual registering was... well, at first, not so great. Kyle and I don't even have opinions that differ by a lot, and we were still getting frustrated. We ended with cooking/kitchenware though, and because of that, we actually were in better moods, because we love kitchen stuff, and so we had a lot of fun registering for the things that we know we will use and really want. We also really love our dinnerware that we registered for!
We wish that registering for stuff meant that we automatically get it all! hahah.
(Side note, Alan and Jess were registering at the same time as us! Fun!)
So, we were at BB&B for a good three hours.
Wow.
Then, we ate Subway, and watched the BYU game at Alan's.
After a great start, BYU sadly lost.
Also, Kansas lost, which totally killed my bracket.
Kyle and I are the two lowest in our family's bracket challenge, awesome.
I spent most of the game sticking the labels onto our cards from BB&B.
We went over to Kyle's friend Ryan's after, and talked with him, Bud and Reed for a little bit before heading home to Provo.
Friday was also a good night. After running a couple of errands after work, Kyle and I got the Jazz Meal Deal from Papa Murphy's and watched some basketball.
We're down to 6 1/2 weeks, and could not be more excited.
Life is crazy, but I couldn't be happier :)
Wow.
Then, we ate Subway, and watched the BYU game at Alan's.
After a great start, BYU sadly lost.
Also, Kansas lost, which totally killed my bracket.
Kyle and I are the two lowest in our family's bracket challenge, awesome.
I spent most of the game sticking the labels onto our cards from BB&B.
We went over to Kyle's friend Ryan's after, and talked with him, Bud and Reed for a little bit before heading home to Provo.
Friday was also a good night. After running a couple of errands after work, Kyle and I got the Jazz Meal Deal from Papa Murphy's and watched some basketball.
We're down to 6 1/2 weeks, and could not be more excited.
Life is crazy, but I couldn't be happier :)



No comments:
Post a Comment