"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Currently...

I'm rereading the book "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I really like it, but there is a lot of sexual innuendos and a lot of politics. However, if you get past that, I just really enjoy the story. And, of course, I adore the musical "Wicked" which is based on the book.
My senior year of high school, my dance company traveled to California, and we were able to attend "Wicked" in LA. I loved it, and I really want to see it again. So, right now, I am listening to the music, which, for now, will have to do.

I've also been listening to Missy Higgins lately. If you're not familiar with her, you should be. Check her out. She's a singer/songwriter from Australia, and is amazing. I first heard her in my dance class when I was 16. I've been hooked ever since, and I've choreographed a few dances to her songs. Listening to her makes me miss dance SO much. They were also handing out fliers in the Wilk today for the dancEnsemble concert, and I wished so much I was a part of that.
Dance just fills me with so much passion and emotion.
It is such a good outlet.
...
I'll have to look into taking a class or two again.



I want to be married.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love this post...because I love Wicked. And I miss dancing too. Okay, I want to be married too...but not for a while ;)

Anonymous said...

ha ha. First time I heard missy higgins was in dance too. :) love you britt. :)

Kates said...

Ugh...ya, the book has some parts that made me feel majorly uncomfortable. The musical is pretty much amazing though.