Anyway, sorry that ended up being a long tangent. I came home around 5 pm, and the first thing I saw as I came through my door was this:
That night was dear Kellie Tobler (Crandall)'s wedding reception. I went down with Leanna, and we had a great time. Kell looked so incredibly happy, as did Ryan, and I am so happy for them.
Kyle came over later that night, and we watched the opening ceremony together.
Saturday I got to sleep in, lovely.
Kyle came over in the afternoon, and appeared at my door with these
and tickets to this
He's the very best.
We went over to the Bridal Fair at Provo High, and walked around. We preregistered at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and I bought a bridal headband from my wonderful friend Adrianne's company, Poor Man's Wife.
We then went to eat at Applebees, yum!
Later that night we went to see the Young Ambassadors perform at the De Jong Concert Hall on campus. It was SO GOOD! I'm a sucker for showtunes, musicals, dancing.... I love it all. They performed songs from my two favorite musicals, Les Miserables, and Wicked, and both times I teared up. On one side of us, sat a cute little old couple celebrating their 54th wedding anniversary. The old man spoke Spanish, and chatted it up with Kyle. He had worked for the CIA or something.. Pretty cool. On the other side of us, who showed up, but Corey Ellis and Lori Bourgeous! And then, Madeline Reber and her fiance showed up on the other side of them! (Mady, Corey and Lori were all in mine and Kyle's ward last year). It was so fun to see them, and pretty funny that we all ended up with seats right next to each other.
Yesterday we went to Kyle's church together, and learned all about Charity. After church we exchanged our cards to each other, and went up to Nathan and Melanie's to spend time with the family. Alan and Jess came over too, and we had a good time. Liam was, of course, my little buddy again, and Mel took some cute pictures, so when I get a couple of them from her, I'll post them on here.
Today Kyle and I are being lazy, watching movies and doing laundry. We might meet up with my mom a little bit later at the mall to look for a few more wedding things. That's about all for us! We thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's day/3 day weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment