"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Makin' a List

In no particular order....
These are things I am thankful for.

1. Kyle "my love" Hanson.
Everyday I find more and more things about Kyle that I absolutely adore, and that make me love him more, and that make me realize again why he is so perfect for me.
Can you believe I get to be with him forever? I can hardly comprehend that. It sounds rather nice to me though.
Plus, he's cute.

2. My family, namely Mom and Charity.
Mom raised me, Charity taught me. And I love them both. I will miss them both so much when Kyle and I move to our unknown future location.
They're always there for me

3. My [future] in-laws.
I love them all already, and it's just the beginning of a long life of fun and family.
I'm especially grateful for Mel and Nathan for feeding us at least once a month, and letting us hang out at their house, and play with Whitney and Liam, and for just being there to talk and laugh and play games with.
I'm especially grateful for Whitney for teaching me how to be happy.
I'm especially grateful for Liam for letting me have a cute, loving, mischievous toddler in my life.
I'm especially grateful to Alan (and Jess) for letting Kyle and I hang with them and go on fun adventures with them.
I'm especially grateful for Blaine and Brooke and Allie for letting us know they're thinking about us even from a distance.
And I'm especially grateful for Mom and Dad Hanson for being there for us, and loving us, and being excited with us about our future.

4. The Gospel
My life would be a mess without the Gospel.
Without the Gospel I wouldn't be able to be sealed for time and all eternity to the love of my life.
I wouldn't be who I am today.
I wouldn't have a testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
I wouldn't know about Joseph and Emma Smith and their family.
I wouldn't know about the Atonement.
I wouldn't be able to use it in my life.
As I said, my life would be a mess.
(Also, shout out to my awesome Bishop and his wife who inspire me and make my life awesome.)

5. School and work: BYU and BYU IS
Sure, school is hard. But, I love it, and that I have the opportunity to receive more education.
I'm grateful for government pell grants who pay for my education.
I'm grateful to BYU heath insurance.
I'm grateful to have a job in this time of economic crisis.
I'm grateful that my job allows me work on campus, and do to homework in my downtime.
Another reason I'm grateful for school: It introduced me to Kyle (via our singles ward).

6. The Internet.
Without this I wouldn't know the joy of blogging.
And facebook.
And wikipedia.
And that if you go to the address googlegooglegooglegoogle.com, you get four google screens.

7. My friends.
I have way too many friends that have made a difference to list here.
Some names: Ayisha, Dani, Emily, Lexi, Mallory, Kaylie, Aaron, Collin, Mckall....
The list could go on.
If you're not listed, I still love you.

8.Burt's Bees chapstick.
and life, in general.
and the four seasons.
and everyone else who's influenced my life in some way.

1 comment:

Ayisha said...

I. Love. Britt. And I totally tested that googlegooglegooglegoogle thing