I saw Harry Potter again today. With Kyle. And it was fabulous, and made me laugh again, and made me tear up again, and made me happy again. The ending still leaves me a bit unsettled, but that's ok. I can hardly wait for the next two movies!!
Also, I am currently watching Pearl Harbor. And am reminiscing about the good ol' days when I went to BYU's Youth Ballroom Dance camp for three years. My second year, I met Reiley McClendon, who happens to be an actor, and played the young Danny in Pearl Harbor. We were buds the whole week, and I have a picture with him, and possibly even a letter or two tucked away. He's making it pretty big now, too bad I didn't keep up with that... Haha, just joking. He's still a cutie though. I do LOVE Pearl Harbor though, and think that Josh Hartnett is so attractive, my heck. He's always been a celebrity crush of mine.
So, here I sit, having a "me" night. Kyle's at work, and I don't really feel like going out and doing anything, which is fine. I broke out the cookie dough, and toaster strudels, yum! I love being a girl. It's funny though, how I don't feel like doing anything. Em and I hung out yesterday (yes! I have missed her!) and we were talking about how we've grown up a lot in the past year. We both used to be double or triple booked on the weekends, and that's how we liked it! But now, we're content with just chilling. I'm still quite a social person, but definitely not as much as I was last year. It's interesting how people change, and how quickly, or how subtly that change can occur.
I bought three movies last night; PS I Love You, Cloverfield, and Grease. All fabulous movies, in my opinion. Walmart has an awesome selection of $13, $9 and $7.50 movies right now. Go check it out!!
One of Kyle's sports camps kid's came and hung out with us for a little bit tonight - or rather, I went and hung out with the two of them, haha. Anyway, after I left, he asked Kyle how old he was, and when Kyle told him, he said that we still act like teenagers. This is coming from a 15 year old! Haha, it made me laugh.
Anyway, that's all of my thoughts tonight, I think. I just reread the book "She Said Yes" for the the one hundredth time. It's by Misty Bernall, and is a biography of Cassie Bernall, one of the victims of the shooting at Columbine. It's short, but so powerful, and makes me think about my own beliefs. Yes, I believe in God, but when faced with death, would I answer the question "do you believe in God?" with a "yes," as Cassie did? I would hope that the answer is yes, but it's something I work on everyday.
More than ever I am thinking about what great examples I have in my life. Friends, family, leaders. I am so blessed. I've met some people in the past year that have changed my life for good, and to them I am extremely grateful, and I love them :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh my goodness, i remember buying that book at my school's book fair and reading it! it was SO SAD. and then my sister, who was like 10 or so at the time found it and read it and was had nightmares and my mom yelled at me, haha.
confession: i have never seen ps. i love you.
another confession: i love 'me' nights. they're probably my favorite.
britt, i feel like we are like soul sisters. seriously!
1. had my first kiss in the movie grease.
2. derrik and i always sign our letters "p.s. i love you."
3. LOVE she said yes. one of the greatest books i've read. seriously sad, but so good and i love that it makes you think what you'd do.
4. we're across the street, lets play!
Post a Comment