"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!

I just love the Fourth of July.
It epitomizes summer, and celebrates this country, and is just a good time all around.
BBQ's, friends and family, fireworks, feeling like we're all in the together.
I love it.

Last year on the fourth, all I did was work.
Two years ago, Caleb, me, Mom and Chari went to the Stadium of Fire.
This year?
Aside from the festivities of the parade earlier this morning, I'm hanging with Kyle, going to the ward BBQ, and watching the fireworks. Great plans, if I do say so myself.

This week was a very fun, and interesting week for me. I, 1)went to Lagoon, 2)went golfing/learned how to golf, and 3)camped out for the first time for the parade in Provo.

1) Kyle and I were all gungho and ready to go to Lagoon. Kyle hasn't been in forever, and I haven't been in about a year and a half, so we were craving some crazy thrills. We went, had lunch in the cutest bakery/deli in Farmington, and then started on the rides. At first, we were complaining about how hot it was - but within about an hour or two, it was pouring rain! We got soaked to say the least. We went on rides, and wandered around pioneer village, but in the end, it got the best of us (after 3 or 4 hours!) and we left. Kyle won a little stuffed tiger though, and we decided to name it Lluvia (sp?) which means rain in Spanish, apparently. (Kyle knows that Spanish stuff, whereas I don't, ha.)

2) I went GOLFING. Yes, you heard right. Yesterday Kyle, Jay, Mal and I went golfing over at Sleepy Ridge. I did pretty terribly, and after 9 holes (and two and a bit hours later) I was pretty done. But, I really did enjoy it. I also got to drive around a golf cart, which is always fun. I got completely attacked by mosquitoes though, holy cow, it's awful! I haven't been using my camera very much lately, but when Mal posts some pictures, I'll put a few up here.

3) Kyle, me, Mal and her brother Matt slept out last night for the parade. Kyle and I have never done it, but we thought it would be fun. My friend Steph from high school was staking out a spot for her friends and family, and kindly let us join (thanks, Steph!). Let me tell you, it was an experience. It started out great. We had our blankets, our food, and were just chatting, enjoying the small town feel, the excitement, and were people watching. That all changed at about 1 am. It started sprinkling. Oh, no worries, it'll blow over, right? No! It poured for about an hour. We had that great tarp that Kyle bought for the Summerfest, and so we put that over us and we huddled wrapped in blankets for the night. We all got wet, and so that defintely put a damper (no pun intended!) on the event. Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep in. We did get to see an amazing sunrise though, and see the hot air ballons take off. For the parade, Mom and Chari came and joined us. It was perfect temperature, then it rained, then it was blazing hot. Oh, Utah weather.

So, there are my most recent adventures. My life is really great.

2 comments:

Jody Nicole said...

Britt! Lagoon is my HOME town! Seriously. What was the deli in farmington? i must know :) love you!

Sarah Lynne said...

I just love you. :) It was so great to see you the other day, AND I have to say I love your summer "to do" list. You're just lovely!