While having a talk with my mom yesterday, it hit me how precious and fragile life is. And how fast it can be taken away. I was talking to my mom while I was in the car with Kyle, and as I sat fighting back tears, he reached over and grabbed my hand. Everyone needs someone to be there with them, to have someone to lean on. And you need to keep that person (or those few people) close. Maybe hold them a little longer, tell them you love them more often, talk about the things that really matter... Because really? Who knows how much time we have?
In other news... I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House one last time yesterday, with Kyle. Still as wonderful, beautiful and amazing as always. I love the Spirit that is there. And I of course teared up when the husband and wife shared their experiences in the sealing room. It's really my favorite part.
This is such an exciting time of year!! Dani and Ryan, and Bonnie and Aaron get married on Saturday! Trevon and Mark both come home in less than two weeks! Kevin and Kellie, Lindsay and Preston, and Kaitlin and Darren are all getting married in 3 weeks. My birthday is in 4 weeks. School starts in a little over 4 weeks. BYU football season starts in 39 days, I think it is now. Holy crap, where did the summer go?? I love it though, it's so great. My life is so fantastic right now. I just need to find a job. But I am sure that will come. I am way excited for school to start... I guess a lot of people feel that "back to school" rush, and I most certainly always do. You know, the whole, I'm going to do a lot better than past semesters, and am going to study and not procrastinate as much, yadda yadda. And of course, as I always do, I really do think I will! For one, all of the classes I'm taking are major or minor classes (minus the Religion class, but it's a marriage and family class, which directly coincides with my major). Also, Kyle has elected to become my study buddy, which I know will help me a lot. Also, the fact that if I don't get my grades up I could potentially fail out of BYU... Eek. I'm going to do awesome this semester. Just you wait.
Oh, and two more things to look forward to....
The Blink 182 concert in September, and the Plain White T's concert in October, both with Kyle. Sarah blogged about how she's a "concert virgin". I most definitely am not. Here are a list of note worthy concerts I have been to in my life...
*LMNT, Baha Men, and A*Teens - ok, so it's not so noteworthy, but it was my first "real" concert. Lex and I went for my 12th birthday at Thanksgiving Point. It rocked.
*Yellowcard with ... Taking Back Sunday maybe? I don't remember.
*Fall Out Boy with Hawthorne Heights, I'm pretty sure.
*Dashboard Confessional... I don't remember who opened for them.
*Kenny Chesney
*Jamboree Music Festival with Dashboard, Colbie Caillat, Aquabats, Love You Long Time, and a few others.
*One Republic
*Various local bands
*Chris Merritt
*Kelly Clarkson
... Hmmm, those are all I can think of for now. I really do love concerts. Something about the LOUDness, the screaming, the rush (especially if you're in GA), the bass up so high it's pounding in your chest, singing along at the top of your lungs knowing that you'll be hoarse in the morning, the ringing in your ears afterwards that makes it so you can't sleep.... Not to mention seeing your favorite band LIVE (especially if they're good)... I love it all.
And that concludes my blog post today... My AC is finally fixed! Yay! So, I'm off to do the cleaning that didn't happen for a week.
OH! And one more thing. Today is Caleb's YEAR MARK. I can hardly believe how fast time has gone by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for A*teens concert!
that was so fun :)
I hope everything's okay with you! I hate to hear about anyone crying. :)
girl, i think we're the same person sometimes, hahaha. and i am so so excited for football season!! rise and shout! :) also, i CANNOT wait to see you again once i get back to p-town!
Post a Comment