"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Monday, November 23, 2009

Someday...

I'm going to be crafty.
I hope that when Kyle and I get an apartment for grad school, it'll have two bedrooms. One for us, and one that can be half his office/study area (if he needs it) and half my craft room. I would love to be able to have a craft table, with all of my scrapbooking things, and material, and paint. Just room to be crafty and creative.

I have three big projects on my mind.
First, to scrapbook/make what will be our guest sign in at our reception.
Second, a calendar for our first year of marriage (also scrapbooked).
Third, a tied fleece blanket for us.

I'm going to start the first one (and possibly the second) over Christmas break, and I am very excited about it. I've missed scrapbooking.
Once we get to grad school, I'll most likely just be working (hopefully) full-time. I think I'll give myself a break before I start on online classes, for two reasons. 1) to save up money of course, and 2) just so I can have a bit of a break. I guess that's sort of a selfish reason, but that's just the kind of person I am. Not selfish, but one that needs a break every so often or I will completely burn out.

So, today I just started reading the Time Traveler's Wife, and I am a fan already. I don't have much more to say about that, just that I want to immerse myself in it, and I guess I can, since I only have TWO classes until Thanksgiving break starts. I do have to work full time tomorrow and Wednesday, but hopefully it won't be too busy, and I can read and get started on my research paper for my parenting class. Thanks to Kyle giving me ideas, I'm going to write it on the benefits of reading with/to children from a young age. I'm almost excited about it. Almost.

So, I admit, I did not go to the game on Saturday. It was too cold... yes, I am a bit of a wuss. But I figured, I didn't really want to go, and plus, that would give Kyle some guy time with Blake and Bryce, so it was a win-win situation. Actually, BYU won, so it was more like a win-win-win situation :)
I also will admit (although if you don't already know this about me, we might not be friends) that I strongly dislike Twilight. The entire series. I read the books, because I figured I might as well read them, so I can base my opinion after actually reading them, instead of what I heard. Yes, hated them. Bella's the biggest whiner, Edward's creepy-possessive, and Jacob is really good at manipulating and pressuring Bella (well, so is Edward). I ended up seeing Twilight with the MG's one night at a dollar theater, and I'll admit, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Mostly because of the company. I definitely was not looking forward to New Moon. And so no, I haven't seen it, thanks for asking. But, if you want to have a girls night when it comes to the dollar theater, I'll tag along.
Speaking of other things I dislike, there are only two others I can think of - Miley Cyrus and Megan Fox. I have nothing to say about Miley, except I'm disappointed that Nicholas Sparks wrote a book/movie script just for her. Gross. As for Megan Fox, go here to read the article in the New York Times magazine about her. She's really ridiculous.

Ooook, the end, sorry, I got on a little rant, and I totally didn't mean to.
I'm going to go read some more.

4 comments:

Chess said...

Haha a girls' night can make any wretched movie worth going to. I went with 3 other English majors. It was superb!

sarah joelle said...

we are friends for a reason, i think. we both dislike twilight AND miley cyrus. UGH. i can't even begin to express my dislike for both of those. ewww.

Cam said...

Yay for reading! We are so on the same page. :)

Rue Lynn said...

Thought for research paper. Your Mom and I read to you when you were just a baby, before you could talk or read. I swear the first sentence you spoke was 'one more' because one book was not enough before bedtime.

When we ask you to pick out a book to book to read to you you brought back at least five if not more.

Love ya.