"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Career Option

So, a quick note. I decided today (in yet another one of my Intro to the English Major classes) that I think I want to get an MBA in OB/HR (Organizational Behavior and Human Resources.) Random? Absolutely. Scary? Beyond terrifying. Exciting? Uh, duh. Random, because what the heck? Me, go to the Marriot School of Business to get my Masters? What the? Where am I and who took over my body? Scary, because that means I have to super apply myself and get good grades. And I'll have to take the GMAT. And that means I have to remember Math, and lots of other stuff too. And then, apply to get in. And then if I get in, taking all the ridiculously hard classes and applying myself and getting good grades, and not procrastinating and ..... etc. I'm such a procrastinator/does-not-apply-herself kind of person. But, I know that I am smart enough to do it, I just need to get my study habits under control. Holy crap, what am I going to get myself into? Exciting, because... Well, I've really enjoyed working HR these past 5 months, and could really see myself doing it as a career. Plus, hello? Getting an MBA? How awesome would that be.
I'm glad that class is good for something. Turned me away from being an English major and made me want to get an MBA.
Anyway. I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I just want you to know Britt that I get so excited for you whenever you talk about getting a letter or package from Caleb. It makes me really happy and glad that things are going so well for you! Congrats! :)

sarah joelle said...

aw, yay! this was too cute! i LOVE packages. seriously. it always puts me in a good mood for like a whole week afterward.