I read two great books this week. I know, it's the first week of school and all, but.... I had to. Books compel me to read them, it's bad.
#1) Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
This book brought together both the story of a littleJewish girl, Sarah, who was part of the round up that happened in Paris in 1942, and a modern day American journalist, Julia, living in Paris. The book was horribly depressing in some parts, slightly hopeful in others, and did a great job of telling both stories. I would recommend it, but probably not to everyone.
#2) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
This is the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy and was every bit as intriguing and wonderful as the first. There's really not much I can say about it, The Hunger Games have such a new plot that it's hard to explain when someone hasn't read them. But it was amazing. I highly recommend it. The third and last installment comes out in August, I believe, and I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment