"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dear Sierra-West,

I am very angry with you right.
I want my ring.
Sincerely,
Britt

Let me tell you a story about Sierra-West. Kyle paid for my ring on September 9th. They told him that it will take 4-6 weeks. When it had been four weeks, we called up and asked them if they have any info. Our friend Steve (aka the guy who sold the ring to Kyle) wasn't there, and so the guy said to call back next week. Kyle called back at least 2 or 3 times the next week (which was last week) and they kept saying that it was too late to get a hold of the manufacturing company. We went in on Friday... Told us the same thing. Kyle went in yesterday (the 6 week mark) and they called the manufacturing company, who apparently said they would call Sierra-West back, and then Sierra-West would call Kyle back today. Has not happened.
As Kyle said, "I'm going to go in there and tell them what I think about their customer service."
As someone who has worked in Customer Service for the last 2 years, I'm very disappointed and upset with them. Hello, we just paid you thousands of dollars and you can't even bother to call us back? Ridiculous.
Bah.

Also, I have had the longest week ever.
I have taken 2 tests already, and still have one more to take. I should have turned in my paperwork to the Academic Success Office, but because of one ridiculous faculty member who will not answer emails or show up for his office hours, I can't. And so now the deadline is past, and I can't register for classes until sometime during Christmas Break. Also ridiculous. Some professors...

On a happy note about professors, Professor Larry Nelson is awesome, and amazing, and everyone should take a class from him. I went in yesterday confused about a concept, and he helped me understand it. I had in my hand the take home midterm, and he went over that section of the test with me, and walked me through the questions I had wrong, so I was able to put the right answer down. Yes. He is the bomb. I also got a 96/100 on my first paper in his class. He is an insanely hard grader (I had a class with him last semester) and never got above like a 75 on a paper. The fact I got 96 blows my mind. I am doing so awesomely in classes this year... I feel like I'm the honor roll student I was back in high school. Go me.

Also this week, I finished the book White Oleander, by Janet Fitch. I then proceeded to watch the movie, directed by Peter Kosminsky. LOVED it. It was dark, haunting, a bit disturbing and graphic, and very thought provoking (all of those more so in the book). I was so impressed with how closely the movie followed the book. There were whole dialogues taken straight from the text. It doesn't exactly have an uplifting ending, but was incredible nontheless. I did enjoy the book more, but that is usually the case for me. The book isn't for everyone, but I for one, enjoyed it (but maybe I'm secretly dark like that, haha.)

This weekend should be pretty good... It will consist of a lot of relaxing, and watching sports (Kyle's idea, of course). It's the Homecoming game on Saturday, against TCU, and ESPN Gameday is coming. This is apparently a big deal. I would go, but ... I'm not sure if I can get up for 8 am on a Saturday. We'll see. I guess I'll also start on my next paper as well. I love college.

And on an ending note - Slate Magazine has named President Monson as the number 1 most powerful person over 80. Kind of awesome. The link (in a word) for whatever reason isn't working - so go to http://www.slate.com/id/2232918/ to read what it says about President Monson, and to see who the other 79 "80 over 80"'s are.

2 comments:

Ky said...

Oh honey.
I wish you would've told me you were getting your ring from them.
NEVER guy anything from them.
I used to work in the jewelry business. They've sold stones before and said they were excellent quality and charged bookoo bucks for them...turns out they were crappy and poor quality and weren't worth jack.
So sorry my dear! I would try and just get your money back and go elsewhere!

Lindsay Anne said...

My rings from sierra west.......we got the best deal for the quality of diamond there....preston did like hours of research and we had zero problems with them. so im sorry youve had such a problem. thats sucks Id be mad. Our friend was JOHN and he was excellent.

I dont agree with the girl above me, ive had jewelers look at my ring and tell me that the diamond really is as nice as they told us. but thats just me. So dont be discouraged, I think your ring will be gorgeous once you get it.