I woke up at about 8:45 am, which is practically sleeping in for me, I got up, showered, dressed in my cute white and brown dress, went over to the boys' at 9:45 am, and we all carpooled to church.
We had combined RS/Priesthood since it was the 5th Sunday. Our new bishop and counselor (Bishop Hart and Brother V) spoke to us on Obedience. We went to Sunday School and had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation, and then we went to Sacrament where we learned about Faith, Service and Obedience. Throughout this 3 hour block, I sat by Kyle and it was one of those Sunday's where you are listening, but are also a bit irreverent and are cracking jokes to each other some of the time, haha. So church was good. I also got a new calling, I am now on the Activities Committee, woot!
So after church, we change, and Kyle and I made PBJ's, and went on a little picnic to Lion's Park in Provo. We ate our PBJ's, Pringles, Mountain Dew's (throwback!) and apple pie. We lounged around and watched the clouds, and read some articles in this month's Ensign. We discussed life, and the Gospel, and just chatted. Jay, Garyn and Leah joined us a little later. Jay and Garyn played some catch, and Leah laid out. After playing catch Jay and Garyn came over, and we all fell asleep for probably a half hour - naps in the park are the best!
(Me and the boys, minus Jay. From L-R: Garyn, Kyle, Sam. These are the fellows I spend most of my time with.)It was just a great, great day. Thank goodness for Kyle and his amazingness. And those other's for contributing to my awesome Sunday.
(Currently the 5 of us [me, Kyle, Garyn, Sam, Jay] are addicted to Mountain Dew throwback. I may never go back. We've gone through at least 3 12-packs in the past week.)Other adventures of the weekend include the RS retreat on Friday night, followed by watching Valkyrie at the boys'. Saturday I went to the eye docter, and worked. That night I went with Emily up the canyon and a bunch of us threw Jordan a surprise birthday party/bonfire, and then we went to Spark. That's my weekend right there. It was a pretty good one.




1 comment:
you look so cute in your brown and white dress!
Post a Comment