"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Lovely Weekend

So, my weekend was lots of fun! On Friday I had an interview at the Kennedy Advisement Center - it went really well, and I have a second interview tomorrow! That night Nikki and I went down to Mapleton to Kellie's house - Annika, Emily, Stephanie and Kellie came soon after! We ate taco salad, and then went up the canyon and built a fire. We sang girls camp songs, roasted marshmallows and starbursts (or strawberrys) and just had a really fun time. I absolutely love these girls. After we had been there a while it started pouring, and so we got everything put away. On our way down we stopped by the river and played in the water that had come up over the little bridge. Our feet froze, but it was so fun! :)

Saturday I just sat around and did laundry and watched LOST. After Kyle got off work he came over, and the two of us headed up to Orem for the Summerfest! We got Subway, found a place to park and watched the parade. Saturday was a super bipolar weather day - so it started pouring at the end of the parade. We went and got drinks at Smith's, and then bought a tarp at ShopKo, and then claimed a spot to watch the fireworks. It stopped raining and cleared up just in time! The fireworks were awesome. I forgot my camera though :( so there are no cool pictures of our adventures! We got back and had to drink hot chocolate (in the middle of June!!) to warm up, and then we watched parts of four movies, haha.
Yesterday was wonderful church, and then I had a stewardship interview with Becca and Sarah Beth, then an activities committee meeting. Kyle came over and we chatted for like an hour and then I tried to take a nap, which didn't work very well. Kyle and I went over to Pam's for dinner and the four of us (Kyle, me, Pam and Alan) had a fun time. We're all such crack-ups, I tell you what, we're dang funny when we're together. We tried to watch the Magic/Laker's game, but the Magic are chokers, so we didn't finish watching it. We went back to Kyle's, made brownies and then watched Anchorman - love it!
Today I went into work, told them I quit, and so.... I am now jobless. For the first time in 4 years. It's a really odd feeling. I just went up to campus after and sat out. Kyle and I went to Walmart and I bought Charity her birthday present. Her birthday is tomorrow! She's going to be 6 years old, I can't even believe it, she's getting so big.
So those are my last few days.
I am currently un-employed. But I'm happy. That's all that really counts, right?

No comments: