This was one of the most stressful weekends of my life.
Saturday I was in charge of Orientation and Check-In for about 250 employees. For Orientation we rent out a conference room at the Marriott in Provo and do a 2 hour presentation on park policies, customer service, sun safety, dress code, etc. We also do management introductions. We use skits, powerpoints, q and a sessions, etc. Check-in is where the employees come during a 3 hour block to get their employee ID printed, fill out all their paperwork, sign up for trainings and order uniforms. I have been working on this for over a month, and I was still freaking out.
Luckily Orientation went well, with only a few small errors that we easily fixed. Check-in was a little more difficult, as our printer broke (3rd time in 2 weeks) and so we couldn't take copies of employee's social/ID's, and it was raining outside, so we were forced to cram into the gift shop which led to cramped spaces and some disgruntled parents. All in all in went well though. I'm just glad it's over.
Last night I hung out with the MG's. We all carpooled up to Heber, Leanna and B's stalking grounds. We hung out, went to the hot pots, went to Dairy Keen, and just enjoyed one another's company. These girls are honestly some of my best friends, and I am SO grateful for them in my life. They're amazing, every one of them. Danielle, one of our marrieds, came. And so did little miss engaged Bonnie. I don't see them nearly enough.
Of course I have to mention that last Thursday, April 30 was Collin's ONE YEAR MARK. Holy cow, I can't believe it. That day was also Caleb's 9 month mark! And Aaron has 6 1/2 months (6 months and fourteen days!) until he comes home. I am so excited... :) :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, what an orientation ordeal. Lifeguards and what not I assume? Time seems to fly for all the missionaries that i know except brandon! HAHA
So, you probably know my cousin... she talks about hanging out with MG's as well! If you see a Kellie Tobler, tell her that you know me! Well, if you remember me... haha sorry, I may or may not blog stalk you. We went to jr. high together and I think you're awesome!!
you did great saturday! everything went soo well! and no matter what there are always going to be some upset parents :)
Post a Comment