"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bryce Canyon getaway.

My stress level's have been through the roof lately because of work. I love my job, but lately I have been contemplating quitting, or at least getting deathly ill in order to stop going. So unlike me, but that's how I feel. Let's not dwell on it today though.

I was able to take a much needed vacay this weekend. Thursday night after work me, Kyle, Ayisha, Bonnie, Sam, Garyn and Becca packed up and headed down to Bryce Canyon for a camping trip. We got down to our campsite at about 10:00 pm. We set up camp and chatted until going to sleep. The next morning we were up around 7 :15 am, and after having breakfast and getting ready, we went down to the canyon to hike around. We hiked for about 3 or 4 hours. Bryce Canyon is amazing, and beautiful! It's so unexpected too, because you're driving (or walking) around in what looks like typical mountain terrain, when all of a sudden you come to the edge of a cliff and you look down and see amazing canyons made from red rock. It's incredible and absolutely breath taking.


After hiking and things, we headed back to camp and just relaxed. We slept, we read, we chatted, and we started preparing our dinner for that night - dutch oven cooking a la Kyle. We had bbq beef, cheesy potatoes, and apple cobbler. It was delicious! The boys took such good care of us, cooking and chopping firewood and all that jazz, haha. Later that night Rachel and Tiare came up. We went over to a lookout point and looked at the stars, but it was so windy up there we only stayed for about 10 minutes. The stars always amaze me though, and there are no lights up there, so it was breath-taking to see so many stars in the sky. This morning we woke up at 5:30 am to go watch the sun rise over the canyon. It was quite chilly, but really pretty. We got back to camp and slept for a while more before getting up, eating s'mores for breakfast and striking camp. It was sad to leave, but was such a fun little get-away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like fun!! i'm glad you were able to get away from work and relax a bit :)