"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/05/08

I feel like I should be blogging. But I'm not sure what about. I guess I can blog about Conference, and about how freaking amazing it was. Really. Most of the talks were about missionaries, or enduring to the end, and have joy and hope. Perfect topics for a girl waiting for a missionary. Some of the talks made me cry... I was able to go to the Saturday afternoon session. I love the Conference Center (thanks Caitlin!). However, I had a rush of emotions. Caleb sang in the MTC choir for the Priesthood session. Knowing that he would be in that same building within a couple hours of me made my heart hurt. I wanted him to be listening to conference with me so I could discuss it with him. There were all these cute couple sitting in front of me, and I wish that they could have been me and Caleb... One day. I didn't get to see the Priesthood session. Of course, the only way I could have seen it would have been to sneak in to a church somewhere, but still. Then I got texts and messages from guys who had seen Caleb, and it made me cry. Why could I not see him singing? Even on a TV screen. It breaks my heart. I love him singing, I love it. In my most recent tape from him, he sang me hymns, and it absolutely melted my heart. I love him. I just finished his calendar. It's so cute, I sort of want to keep it for myself. Haha. I only have three more Conferences alone. I can do this.
Saturday morning I had breakfast with some of the MG's and we watched the morning session. I love them so much, we can just be ourselves and chat about our boys and how much we love them. It's great. I went up to Dani's house (my best friend/roommate). It was her little sister's 16th bday (I've known her since she was 7, weird!) and we had a surprise party for her. It was super fun, but tiring. Those 20 or so sophomores were crazy! Then we slept over and just watched Conference and chilled with her fam. They are like my second family, and it was so fun.
Freak, my internet is so slow.
Um.... Nothing else. My life is great, yet sort of boring. I love alone time. However, I love Caleb time more. But I won't get that for another 22 months. I can do it. I just hate it. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I miss him. I hurt. I ache for him. I might be dramatic, but you would be too if the love of your life was gone. I long for him ALL THE TIME. It consumes me sometimes. He is doing so wonderfully though. He loves the MTC, and is so excited to head out to Korea. He is learning the language well, and is just amazing all around. I'm so proud of him.
I guess that's all for tonight......

4 comments:

Brandon and Leanna said...

i love you britt.. that is all.

and conference.. you and caleb... your sweet spirit.. i love it all.

AdrianneJayne said...

Aww! Girl, he'll be home before you know it!

I love you!

Anna said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me but we met about a year ago through Aaron and I just wanted to say that I think I saw you at the Rocket Summer concert and that we got the same shirt! :)

Anna said...

Don't even worry about being awkward! That is basically my middle name. Haha. Well I really like reading your blog and you and Caleb look so cute together. Oh and can you believe Aaron has almost been gone for a year? Crazy. I miss him tons! And Collin! What amazing boys!