"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Monday, October 13, 2008

20 Minutes.

Today I had the best 20 minutes of my life. I am not even exaggerating. Well, I suppose all my moments with Caleb were some of the best moments in my life, but now that he is gone... Amazing.
I was waiting and waiting. And then, my phone rang. I squealed. I really did. And then I answered the phone. He sounded just the same. I almost died I was so happy. He is so beyond amazing. We talked just like normal, no awkwardness or anything (not that I thought there would be any.) He told me I was just too cute. And he told me he sent me off another package on Saturday! I am so excited to get my package :) I checked the mail like 4 times before Debbie told me it was Columbus day and the mail wouldn't come. Blasted holiday. But anyway, he told me that he had to go, they were moving to the international terminal. He told me he would try to call me back, which he didn't, but that's ok. He said, "in case I don't get to call you back, I love you." I told him that I loved him too, and that was the end. Those 20 minutes flew by, and I was practically in shock the whole time. But I was so wonderful to hear his voice, especially to hear him say that he loves me. I love and care about him so much, it is such a big feeling. Leanna explained it so well in her blog. It's just amazing how things happen. Yes, I shed a few tears after hanging up with him. But it will be ok. He is the most amazing person I have ever known and .... is just everything to me. The people of Korea are so blessed to have him coming, and I know that Caleb is going to be blessed by the Korean people, as well as being blessed for his decision to serve the Lord. I say this all the time, but I am SO PROUD of him, and the decisions he has made.
I love him.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That is awesome that you got to talk to Caleb! I'm sure it was amazing. And that is so crazy about your FHE dad knowing Aaron. It really is a small world. oh man. So insane. Aren't missionaries the best? I sure think so!!!

Kylie said...

That is so cool! And just remember...there are only 2 months until Christmas and you will hopefully get another phone call!

Rachel said...

So funny. . . one of my memories of Troy being gone is checking the mail, hoping for a letter from Troy, and then realizing it was Columbus Day, and then being ticked off too! I remember yelling something about "If the mail doesn't come, I shouldn't have class either, but I do!!!" Anyway, I'm glad you got to talk to him. I promise this time apart will fly by!