"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Posted on Friday, not Tuesday

Ok, I'm going to attempt to start a blog post at work, in between calls and training. So if this post at a later time... Well, deal with it.

So, on to the joyous adventures of my birthday!

First, I went to work 10-2. That was all nice and fun.
Kyle picked me up from work, and then we head back to his apartment to pick up some provisions to make lunch. He was changing and doing a couple of things so I laid on the couch to take a power nap. So, Kyle came back out of his room with two dozen roses, and two bags of chocolate covered pretzels (my favorite!). So, we ate lunch, and hung out for a while. Later he took me to Tucanos for dinner. Yum, so good! We went back to his apartment, and when we went in.... SURPRISE! Happy birthday to Britt! About 20 of my closest friends were there! Kyle had arranged a surprise birthday party for me. So, the rest of the night was spent eating cake and ice cream, doing Mad Libs, chatting, and breaking open a pinata.
So, it was a GREAT birthday. The best!

The next day, Kyle and I went up to SLC and met up with Alan and Jess (Kyle's brother and his girlfriend), and Nathan and Melanie (another of Kyle's brother and his wife) and their kids Whitney and Liam. We went to the Hogle Zoo! So that was a lot of fun too, we were all pretty exhausted, but it was worth it. When I get photos from Nathan, I'll add a few on here.

Sunday, Kyle and I hit up both my ward, and his new ward; 5 hours of church in all, it was pretty crazy. We went up to Lehi, and had dinner with his cousins Bethany, Ashley, Melanie and Rachel (and Melanie and Ashley's husbands, and Melanie's 2 twin baby girls). So it was fun to meet more family members, eat good food, and play with babies :)

Ok, now, a few days later (Friday) I'll finish this post.
So, SCHOOL started on Monday. Back to class. This semester I am taking

Strengthening Marriage and Family
Intro to Family Processes
Parenting and Child Guidance
LDS Marriage and Family
LDS Temples

Should be a great semester. Kyle has the LDS Temples class with me, so that's a lot of fun. This week has been crazy, trying to get in the groove of school and work, but it's been fun too. It's nice to have some more structure added into my life.
I guess that's all I have for right now.... This weekend is the first BYU FOOTBALL GAME. Kyle and I are so excited! And on Monday (no class or work!) we're going to the Blink 182 concert, sweet! Life is good to us right now :)


No comments: