The biggest thing that has happened in my life is...
I have made the decision to GO TO ROMANIA.
That's right. It's completely random, and I don't have all the facts yet, but I am going. My Human Development professor (Dr. Larry Nelson) helps with the International Study Program that sends students to Romania through BYU to help with disabled orphans. He mentioned that in class on Thursday, and since then, I have felt so strongly that I need to go. I'm going to an information meeting about it Monday to learn more, but I am so excited. It's going to be quite expensive, but so worth it. I put off the idea of doing a Study Abroad in France because it's expensive, and I wouldn't feel good spending so much money basically for my own pleasure. But going to Romania would be a life changing experience, and I would hope to change the lives of those in Romania that I will meet. I am determined to make it happen, no matter if I have to take out loans, and get behind in school, I will go. I just feel so good about this, and I can not wait to go. Another neat thing, is that I'm pretty sure it will count as an internship for my major, which is a plus. I really have never felt so strongly about doing something before, I'll keep you updated as I learn more :)
Highlights of the last little while.
-Spending time with apt #36. Kyle, Garyn, Jay and Sam. We've become such good friends, and I'm so grateful for the influence of good, righteous, Priesthood holders in my life. With Caleb, Collin and Aaron gone, I've been missing that. They are such great guys, and between making food, looking at cars, playing Rockband, watching the Jazz or watching LOST, we just have fun :)
-Hanging with Nat and Em. These two girls are amazing. We have so much fun together, and I've been so lucky to have met them, and to spend so much time with them. We've been hitting up dance parties, having SOP's, eating Pazookies, watching AI and ABDC, doing our hair crazy, and just talking.
-Spending countless amount of hours texting, talking and hanging out with Ayisha. Everyone needs a best friend like her. She's absolutely wonderful. We just get each other. We can read the other person's mind, it's so crazy sometimes, haha.
-Getting to know those in my ward better. Last night about 40 of the sister's in my ward went up to Bishop Jeffs' cabin in Midway for our semi-annual Relief Society retreat. It was so amazing. The Spirit was so strong, as was the feelings of peace, unity and love. We laughed, we cried, we ate, we sang, we made goals... It was an amazing time. Today we had a testimony meeting right before we packed up to come home, and it was seriously, so amazing. I love my ward. The people, the bishopric, I know I was placed here for a reason. And that reason is for me to become closer to the Savior, and to meet and befriend these girls, and to help them in their struggles in life as they help me with mine.
-School. In the last two weeks I had 3 tests and 3 papers. Blah. But... I'm learning, and I feel so great about that. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to go to BYU.
-Spending time with the MG's. I've only seen them once since Adrianne's wedding, but I love them with all of my heart. They are my friends for life, and beyond.
-Letters from Caleb.
I think that's about it. Life goes on as usual. The homework, the partying, the missing.
I am SO excited about next weekend - let me tell you why.
Friday is Katie's wedding (AHHHH!!) so her reception is that night, which will be awesome. Then, me and Ayisha are probably going to go to a dance party here at the Riv, and have a sleepover. Then, the next day is Valentine's day. I'm going to heart attack an apartment in my ward, and we'll sleep in, then watch the first season of LOST all day, and scrapbook. That night, we're going over to Jasmine's (an MG) and have the best MG/Valentine's day party/sleepover ever. There'll be like 10-15 of us just chatting, and eating and hanging out. What better way to spend Valentine's day, right? It's going to be a blast.
Well that's it. Photo of the day is me and Landon dancing it up at Michael's 23rd birthday party last weekend. I couldn't resist putting it up, it captures us so well. "Just dance, gonna be ok..."



2 comments:
you're really going to go!? when would you leave?! would you at least be here for the summer?! you better be. i don't know how we would live at the peaks without you.
that's so exciting that you're going to romania! i know of someone who is going this summer too, but i'm not a fan of her haha. if you want her name and the story, i'll be happy to tell you at the sleepover, lol. but thats so cool that you're going!! more power to you girl!
also, random, but i totally met that landon kid in your picture a couple weekends back at a friend's mocktail party. small world? i think so. :]
Post a Comment